Friday, September 10, 2010

Life in Book titles

Saw this fun meme over at Kittling: Books and thought I'd give it a go. Just answer these questions using only the titles of books you've read this year. If you're doing this too, let me know!


In high school I was Invisible (Paul Auster)

People might be surprised I'm
Something, Maybe (Elizabeth Scott)

I will never be
Untamed (PC and Kristin Cast)

My fantasy job is
Guitar Girl (Sarra Manning)

At the end of a long day I need
Gingerbread (Rachel Cohn)

I hate it when
I Feel Bad About My Neck (Nora Ephron)

Wish I had
Everything Beautiful (Simmone Howell)

My family reunions are
Beastly (Alex Flinn)

At a party you'd find me with
An Abundance of Katherines (John Green)

I've never been to
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Carrie Ryan)

A happy day includes
The Unfinished Novel (Valerie Martin)

Motto I live by
Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)

On my bucket list
is The Thing Around Your Neck (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)

In my next life, I want to have
Perfect Chemistry (Simone Elkeles)

Fun, right? And a lot harder than I'd originally thought! I challenge YOU to complete this list as well and let me know so I can have a look. How would you answer?

7 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I especially like your last answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed by everyone who does this meme! I can't make it work for me--not clever enough or I've been reading the wrong books. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sophie!

    Oh Jenny, it was quite difficult. I kept going back and forth with my answers and one I'm *still* unhappy with (bucket list) Oh well, it was a bit of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm going to try this one. I am betting that it is a lot harder than it looks, but I've always loved a good challenge. Thanks for responding on twitter - without it, I wouldn't have discovered a new blogger to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't resist! :D

    http://www.bartsbookshelf.co.uk/2010/09/11/meme-life-in-book-titles/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, it's so much fun and I like the way your choices give us a little insight into who you are... but not in specific terms.

    Mine's here: http://iwasateenagebookgeek.blogspot.com/2010/09/life-story-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. thebookfairyhaven - Oh, please do try it! It's a lot of fun :) But yes, definitely hard. And no problem, I quite like coming up with lists based around a certain topic, I had a lot of fun trying to think of more titles! :)

    Darren - YAY! Thanks for playing, will have a look in a minute :)

    Lauren - Woohoo! Another person brave enough to try it, will definitely have a look very soon. I did try to choose books titles that showed who I am, but not a lot are true me to (I never feel bad about my neck etc) but the high school one? And the family reunion one? They're both spot on! :)

    ReplyDelete

HI! Thank you for leaving a comment, you've just become my new best friend :)