Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mr Vertigo by Paul Auster


The story of Walt, an irrepressible orphan from the Mid-West. Under the tutelage of the mesmerising Master Yehudi, Walt is taken back to the mysterious house on the plains to prepare not only for the ability to fly, but also for the stardom that will accompany it.

I think I've found my new favourite author ladies and gentlemen. I loved Mr Vertigo and I can't exactly describe why. The beginning sucked me in so intensely that even though I didn't care much for what happened after the Big Turning Point, the characters and Auster's style of writing carried me through the rest of the book. 'I was 12 years old the first time I walked on water' What an incredible way to start the book, and it was quite a journey following Walt on his path, the choices he makes in life and the weird characters he meets along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Auster is my favorite, and I have almost every one of his books on my shelves. I'm glad to see a positive review of this one. I think I'm going to read The Brooklyn Follies next, but Mr. Vertigo is coming up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Auster before. I love the cover of this one, I would pick it up simply because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds fun to read... It's not a children's book though?

    ReplyDelete

HI! Thank you for leaving a comment, you've just become my new best friend :)