Friday, June 27, 2008

The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells


I was on this mission after I read The Drowned World and Legend, both of which I enjoyed, that it'd be a good idea to focus on the scifi/fantasy books on the 1001 Books To Read Before You Die List. Unfortunately, the only books I could find in the library were books written by HG Wells. I chose The Invisible Man to read first. It's about a strange man who comes to stay in a small town. The townsfolk wonder who he is and what he's up to. Turns out the man is invisible, chaos ensues. I was bored stiff after the first 50 pages. I couldn't care less about the main character, the people of Iping, how the man got to be invisible. I didn't care that the action started to pick up near the end because the beginning was so dreadfully slow. Reading the dialogue almost killed me. It'll be quite the long time before I pick up another by Wells... not recommended.
This is the fifth book I've read for the 1% well read challenge (5/10 halfway there! YAY!) and the 95th book I've read out of the entire list (95/1001).

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! Thank you for leaving a comment, you've just become my new best friend :)