Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thrown

As most of you know, Wednesdays are my day off. I drop Elliot off in the morning with his Grandma, and N picks him up on his way back home from work. I usually have lots of plans to fill up my Wednesdays, and today was no different. I wanted to change the bed linen, do some laundry, finish the ironing. I was going to vaccum, I was going to finally decorate the gingerbread house that N bought me for Christmas.

Instead, I got a phone call that really threw me today. Instead of doing all my chores, I sat in front of the TV or computer all day, staring mindlessly at nothing in particular. Something, anything to keep my mind from thinking about that phone call.

Apparently an old neighbour back where we used to live has a package for me. A package from my mother. I haven't heard from my mother in over a year. The number I have for her doesn't work, and she moved without giving me her new address. Contact from her after such a long time confuses me. I don't know what to think or feel about her sending me something. Why now? What's in the package? Will she explain what happened this year? As far as I know, she doesn't yet know I'm expecting another child. Saturday is the earliest I'll be able to open the package. I'm not sure what to do until then.

1 comment:

HI! Thank you for leaving a comment, you've just become my new best friend :)